Thank you fellow Malawians for the thunderous welcome accorded to the First Lady and I on our return from the United States America (USA). My stay in the US was tight-scheduled as it mainly centred on the United Nations General Assembly.
In the speech I delivered to the General Assembly titled “The Sustainable Development Goals: A Universal Push to Transform Our World” I reiterated the need for Malawi to find and nurture homegrown solutions to our problems in line with the global development agenda.
I also attended to other equally important assignments on the sidelines of the UNGA one of among which was the signing of The Paris Agreement on climate change. This is an agreement within the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) dealing with greenhouse gases emissions mitigation, adaptation and finance.
Throughout the whole month I have been in the United States I held meetings with scores of investors who intend to come and set up businesses in our economy. This is a positive development because more foreign direct investment translates to creation of sustainable jobs for our youth, expansion of the tax base and improved livelihoods for the population.
Lastly, on the many unfounded rumours that occupied the national discourse about my health, I request all Malawians to develop a culture of investing our energies on positive matters that will help us develop as a nation.
Thank you again for the warm welcome. May God bless our great nation of Malawi!!
GostoMostrar mais reações
Comentar
Comentários
Matin Sabin
Escreve um comentário...